Not able to control XBMC with IRTrans

Software related support

Moderator: marcus

Not able to control XBMC with IRTrans

Postby rowie » Sun 1. Jul 2012, 12:07

Hi,

I've had a moment where everything was working fine. I use IRTrans with HomeSeer and XBMC (Eden). I start IRTransServer with the 'lan' option. When I check the tray icon parameters I can see the XBMC support option is checked. Initially when I had it working only the cursor and 'ok' keys were working but after modifying the app.cfg file I managed to get everything to work (back buttons etc.). Now for some reason I cannot control XBMC anymore. HomeSeer is still working fine. I've set the log level to 'debug' but this doesn't show me anything special when it comes to controlling XBMC. How do I find out what's wrong?

Thanks,
Roland
rowie

Re: Not able to control XBMC with IRTrans

Postby IRTrans » Sun 1. Jul 2012, 15:39

Hi,
difficult to say. First you should check if the IR Commands are received correctly.

In general the XBMC integration is very stable once it has been configured.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby rowie » Mon 2. Jul 2012, 21:40

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt reply. If you are referring to the 'Detected IR Commands' option from the tray icon popup menu then yes I am receiving commands. I made a hs2_signals.rem file for HomeSeer with a number of remote control signals I wish to use with HomeSeer. The media center remote signals are in this file too. Every time I press a MCE remote button I see it showing up as a hs2_signals command. Is that maybe the reason it's not getting through to XBMC? I mean does this signal arrive in XBMC and in HomeSeer? This part of the configuration has always been like this so I would not be expecting this to be the problem. The hs2_sgnals.rem file has always been there (with the MCE remote signals in it) even when it did work with XBMC.

Thanks
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (22.48 KiB) Viewed 70190 times
rowie

Postby rowie » Mon 2. Jul 2012, 21:44

Just thought I might as well give it a try and remove the hs2_signals.rem file. I didn't make any difference. XBMC is still not working. In the 'Detected IR Commands' the signals still show up. Of course it doesn't say the signals are hs2_signals anymore like you would expect.

So any suggestions would be highly appreciated. I don't know how to check if the IR commands are actually arriving within XBMC. Is there a way to check it?

Thanks.
rowie

Postby IRTrans » Tue 3. Jul 2012, 11:50

Hi,
there is a problem with the MCE remote. Even though the signals are also in the HS remote they have to be reported as a Mediacenter IR codes, too. Otherwise XBMC will never work because it is looking for the MCE codes. Please check if there is a mediacenter.rem and if that file is OK.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby rowie » Tue 3. Jul 2012, 22:59

Sorry about that. Initially that file was in place but in the IRTransServer log file it was complaining about duplicate signals so I decided to rename the mediacenter.rem file. Didn't know this file was related to XBMC so thanks for that info. I put it back now and the 'Detected IR commands' now shows the hs2_signals and the mceremote signal. So far so good. Still XBMC is not working. I have tried to add the MCERemote add on in XBMC but wether I do or I don't makes no difference. Any new ideas? Thanks again!
rowie

Postby IRTrans » Wed 4. Jul 2012, 12:10

Hi,
I am sorry but now I do not have any more ideas.

I would suggest you check your setup - obviously you have changed something as it has been working before.
We do have a large number of customers using the XBMC integration - therefore I am sure it works if you do not change anything.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby rowie » Wed 4. Jul 2012, 23:00

Just wanted to let you know I decided to uninstall IRTrans and then reinstall it again. It fixed the problem! Now when I start XBMC it says 'Detected new connection IRTans Server' again. That didn't show anymore when it was not working. Anyway I am glad it's now working. Thanks for your help!
rowie

Return to Software