Translate IR cmd into macro with IR & RS232 cmds, with relay

Software related support

Moderator: marcus

Re: How to send ASCII to TCP port when receving IR

Postby Friso » Tue 25. Sep 2012, 01:32

Wow, you're almost running 24/7 support now! :-)
Appreciate the comments about the manuals. I know it's tough. From my own experience I can just say that a short introduction with a general overview of the system and its components, capabilities and applications in more general terms was what I missed the most. The site quickly gets down to technical details but that's tough to read if you don't know what you're looking at yet. Some basic flowchart or component overview would have been nice when I first got to know irTrans.

Three smaller questions to finsh with:
- The irTrans WiFi seems to work fine on a USB power adapter (supplies 5V @ max 800mA) with a USB-to-powerplug cable - does this damage the unit at all?
- Can you (or I) retrofit an AUX RS232 option into a module? It's not just the cable right? Probably need to send it to you for modification?
- What happens to the responses that an RS232 device sends back? I suspect it gets sent over UDP (if the checkbox is ticked) - does the HTTP or TCP/IP interface provide any feedback from serial devices?

Greetings,
Friso
Friso

Re: Translate IR cmd into macro with IR & RS232 cmds, with r

Postby IRTrans » Tue 25. Sep 2012, 10:51

Hi,
regarding your questions:

1. Using an USB power adapter is officially not supported because the internal voltage regulator needs at least 7V to work correctly. No idea what happens if you do it.

2. For the retrofit of the RS232 option we will need to change the PCB.

3. The RS232 input data is only forwarded via UDP.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Previous

Return to Software