Can I disable error messages on UDP?

Software related support

Moderator: marcus

Can I disable error messages on UDP?

Postby Friso » Tue 2. Oct 2012, 18:16

When I send a UDP broadcast, I get error meesages from the IRTrans modules that do not have the proper remote in their database. This is expected, but I would like to suppress these messages. I see that the IRDB config window allows you to modify the standard OK and ERR strings. When I simply remove 'ERR %e' and flash the DB, the device still sends an error when it does not have the remote. Do I need to put something else in there or is it impossible to stop error messages like this?
Friso

Re: Can I disable error messages on UDP?

Postby Friso » Tue 2. Oct 2012, 19:47

I've been doing more research.
In the current setup I have 2 IRTrans modules active, both are WiFi + DB.
Module A has IR firmware 6.08.30, module B has IR firmware 6.08.42.
Both have had their IR DB configured to have blank fields under 'Status OK' and 'Status ERROR'.

When I broadcast a command that module A knows and module B does not know, module A executes the command and B keeps quiet (as I would expect).
When I broadcast a command that module B knows and module A does not know, module B executes the command but A sends 'Error: unknown remote etc.'

So it seems that the module with the newer firmware responds correcty while the older firmware still sends an error.
Has something changed in the latest firmware with regards to this behaviour?

Friso Gosliga
Friso

Re: Can I disable error messages on UDP?

Postby IRTrans » Tue 2. Oct 2012, 22:11

Hi,
it might be possible that there have been some changes. We would need to check the details. Of course you can update the FW of the older device.
If you need a FW update please send us an Email.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Return to Software