IRTrans & KODI

Software related support

Moderator: marcus

IRTrans & KODI

Postby Djuro » Sun 11. Jan 2015, 14:40

just tried to get latest IR TRans running with latest stable KODI (new XBMC) with no luck. It is working perfectly with latest XBMC Gotham stable.
Any quick fix / istructions or if not are there any future plans to update it for KODI ?

Many Thanks
Djuro

Re: IRTrans & KODI

Postby mcwieger » Wed 12. Aug 2015, 14:46

I have the same issue. I upgraded from XBMC 13 (Gotham) to Kodi 15 (Isengard). IRTrans no longer works (there's no message on startup in the top right corner that a new connection was established). In this thread on the Kodi Support Forum, people reported to have fixed the issue, but not how...http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=221301

Could you please explain to the world how this was done? :-)
mcwieger

Postby eric » Thu 13. Aug 2015, 09:17

Hi,

the thread in the Kodi Forum contains a good explanation already: The IRServer searches for "XBMC" during Startup. Since XBMC have now renamed themselves to Kodi the search does not return a positive result. Hence the IRServer does not start the XBMC/Kodi Interface.
There is also an answer on how to fix the issue right in the second post of the thread you have linked to. If you don't know what all that means I'm afraid you will have to wait for the next IRServer release. At this time I can not give a specific date other than somtime in the next few weeks.

best regards,

Eric
eric
Administrator

Postby mcwieger » Fri 14. Aug 2015, 08:48

Hi Eric,

thanks for your quick response and continued support. Very much appreciated!

I will wait for the new release and in the meantime either follow Trotter81's device or contact Drose25 on the steps he followed.
mcwieger

Postby mcwieger » Fri 5. Feb 2016, 12:12

Hi Eric,

I see the latest version of the drivers is still 6.10.21 (from 24.03.2015). When do you plan to release the new version?
mcwieger

Postby mcwieger » Fri 20. Oct 2017, 06:33

I don't suppose there's ever going to be an update again for this, correct?

Would be nice if the XBMC plugin could be transformed into KODI plugin (just the referrals to the name), so it works with kodi.exe instead of xbmc.exe. Small change...
mcwieger

Return to Software