[IRTransDLL.dll] LearnIRCode OK for first command KO after

The place where software developers meet

Moderator: marcus

[IRTransDLL.dll] LearnIRCode OK for first command KO after

Postby pierrebouchard » Fri 25. Oct 2013, 08:13

Hi all,
I can learn a first command from a new remote. (the remote.rem is created, the command is recorded)
When I try to learn a seconde command for the same remote, it doesn't work...

I have tried to restart the server : it does the same
I have tried to restart the computer : it does the same
I have tryed to use the LearnRawIRCode : it does the same
I have tried to edit and save the .rem file with notepad++ : it does the same
I have tried to edit the .rem file with notepad++, suppress the first command : sometimes, it works and I can record any command after that for that remote. I can't figure out why and how it works in those cases...

When it works, the green led blinks.
When it doesn't work, the green led doesn't blink during the learning process. It blinks after the timer (in my case, 10000ms = 10sec)

As I want to include IRTrans in my product, I want it to work for any new remote...

thanks.

This is the part of my code that records the command :
Code: Select all
    int res;
    NETWORKSTATUS *stat;
    res = ConnectIRTransServer ("localhost",&irt_server);
    stat = LearnIRCode(irt_server,remoteChar,commandChar,10000);
    DisconnectIRTransServer (irt_server);
pierrebouchard

Re: [IRTransDLL.dll] LearnIRCode OK for first command KO aft

Postby pierrebouchard » Fri 25. Oct 2013, 09:17

It seems that the [TIMING] section is the problem.
If I learn Raw IR Codes, can I still catch a maximum of IR Code with different timings ?

What is the difference wetween the LearnIRCode() and LearnRawIRCode(), from the user point of view ? (user who just records and asks to repete IR Codes and who doesn't want to know the technical detail behind)
pierrebouchard

Re: [IRTransDLL.dll] LearnIRCode OK for first command KO aft

Postby eric » Fri 25. Oct 2013, 13:48

Hi,

are you sure you are using the latest DLL? Which firmware version do you have on your IRTrans?
I'm having a hard time seeing why there should be an error in the DLL when we use the exact same code for our IRServer/IRClient applications and they work. Please also post the contents of the .rem created, maybe this is an issue with the IR codes and not the learning process.

The difference between "normal" learning and raw mode is that in raw mode each pulse of the IR code is measured and stored independently. In normal mode the IRTrans detects recurring patterns and pulse lenghts and stores this information in the TIMING section of the .rem file. The individual codes now use much less space.

Eric
eric
Administrator

Return to APIs