HC-SKIPPER : Drive your Home Cinema

The place where software developers meet

Moderator: marcus

HC-SKIPPER : Drive your Home Cinema

Postby lagommette » Fri 27. Nov 2009, 14:37

Hello !

After several months of testing, new release of HC-SKIPPER is now available :)

HC-SKIPPER is a PC compatible application build to drive A/V and domotics equipements. It is fully compatible with IRTrans devices.

It is very easy to configure and even more to use. You do not have to be a programmer at all to get HCS control all your equipements. If you have already tried other softwares to drive you HC you will find that HC-SKIPPER is the simpliest of them all !

HCS works on any windows environment. You will get the best out of it if you have a tactical screen but it is not compulsory.

Configuration needs a permanent Internet connection. Afterwards, HC-SKIPPER can work (if you wish to) on a stand alone mode.

Please go to the official site (www.hc-skipper.com) for more information. But you can write me too.

Regards,

lagommette
lagommette

Re: HC-SKIPPER : Drive your Home Cinema

Postby jaga01 » Mon 18. Jan 2010, 19:41

Hi Lagonmette, I am very interested in testing future releases of HC-Skipper. I am working as a custom installer especially with the interest of programming iphones/itouch. I work with irtrans, USBUIRT and Global Cache. I have for sure had the best experience with Irtrans. It just works very well. I have for a long time been looking for a windows based remote platform that worked. AS far as i can tell yours is the answer, but unfortunately when I downloded it and installed it I could not make it work.
My paltform is windows 7 based.
Looking so much forward to hear from you in order to get your app to work.
BRDGS,
Jacob
jaga01

Postby lagommette » Mon 1. Feb 2010, 09:24

Hi Jacob,

It will be a pleasure to work with you :) Call me on support@hc-skipper.com for any information neede.

Regards,

lagommette
lagommette

Postby lagommette » Wed 7. Jul 2010, 20:00

Hello to all,

Release 4 of HC-SKIPPER is now available for download !

What contains this new version ? Among others, the possibility of pushing much more far the customization of the graphic interface.

· 24 basic buttons (different size, shape and color)
· 3 independent text fields
· Addition of a logo
· 3 possible behavior: normal Functioning (IR or RS232), Call of external programm, Sequence for the numbering of TV channels

The advanced actions can now be of type sequence (or macro). So, a key of a remote control can fire several actions. Indispensable to reach hundreds of channels proposed by the cable, the ADSL etc. but also very practical to seize your code VOD in one step!
A sequence can contain an unlimited number of unitarian actions and one tempo can be defined between each of them.

There is thus material to realize beautiful personalized interfaces while respecting the graphics standards of HC-SKIPPER :)

The HTTP protocol was also added to pilot Freebox via the network and more only in IR.

Other small arrangements(developments) were also added for more comfort and safety(security).

See you soon !

lagommette
lagommette

Postby lagommette » Fri 16. Jul 2010, 16:54

Hi,

I have recompiled HC-SKIPPER to make it complient with Windows Vista or Seven 64 bits.

But I do not have one of this OS.

Can someone help me to beta test it ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Lagommette
lagommette

Postby lagommette » Thu 16. Dec 2010, 08:13

Hi,

Release 5.5 of HC-SKIPPER is now available for downloading !

- Setup module for automation completely rewritten. It allows in particular the generation of complex sequences to enrich or optimize your atmospheres or simply group together several devices within the same sequence.

- FUTRONIX specially dedicated module (with factory infrared codes provided)

- Open Web Net protocol for BtiCino/Legrand Myhome systems

- Optimized switching between connected and disconnect mode.
- Abolition of the locking of brand and equipment creation during period of evaluation.
- Correction of a bug linked to the management of the multi-room automation in the case of an IRTRans.

For more information, don't hésitate to call me !

regards,

lagommette
lagommette

Postby lagommette » Mon 28. Feb 2011, 09:24

Hi,

Release 5.7 of HC-SKIPPER is now available for downloading. It includes the following features:

· Unbolting of all the features (except "Disconnected" mode and multi - room mode) during evaluation;
· Modification of the functioning of the learning of the actions of type "external Call" to make it homogeneous with the other modes of learning;
· Simplification of the installation procedure thanks to the use of the integrated DLL for .NET (Bravo and thanks to IRTrans for its valuable help !);
· Coupling of the audio / video sequences and home automations.

This last feature will allow you to start a sequence home automation in the continuation (either before) an audio-video sequence. For example, you could set you lights on after pausing your DVD and back to off when restarting the movie.

I am now working on an Android version. I will keep you informed all along my developments.

Lagommette
lagommette

Postby IRTrans » Mon 28. Feb 2011, 11:41

Hi,
the Android version will be very interesting for lots of customers.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby lagommette » Tue 15. Mar 2011, 22:01

Hi,

tell me if I am wrong:

1] With an Android platform, an IRTrans device needs to have a database (IRDB).

2] As there is no IRTrans server on an Android platform, one has to establish connection directly to the IRTrans device.

3] Learning can be done from an Android platform using the Alearn command.

Thanks for your return.

Regards,

Lagommette
lagommette

Postby IRTrans » Tue 15. Mar 2011, 23:09

Hi,
that would be one approach.

It should, however, be possible to port the irserver to the Android platform. - It is just another LINUX.
Lowlevel problems like byte ordering are already handled by the irserver as we already support ARM.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Next

Return to APIs