UDP cannot control individual led.

The place where software developers meet

Moderator: marcus

UDP cannot control individual led.

Postby bjeric » Mon 3. Aug 2009, 08:08

Hi there,

I am using UDP command to communicate with IR Trans LAN Controller XL device. I can use the command 'snd Sky, down,lI,b0,p21001' to control the internal port 1. But the command 'snd Sky, down,l1,b0,p21001' doesn't work.
As my understanding the UDP command 'snd <remote>, <command>, [l<led>],[p<port>]' can be used to control a led individually if the <led> is set to the number from 1 - 8.
bjeric

Re: UDP cannot control individual led.

Postby IRTrans » Mon 3. Aug 2009, 10:05

Hi,
LED selection on these devices works as described in the manual.

Therefore L1 or l1 should will select port 1.

Please check if you are using the external LEDs correctly: The adhesive tape has to be removed and the small external LEDs only have a range of a few cm.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby bjeric » Mon 3. Aug 2009, 14:28

IRTrans wrote:Hi,
LED selection on these devices works as described in the manual.

Therefore L1 or l1 should will select port 1.

Please check if you are using the external LEDs correctly: The adhesive tape has to be removed and the small external LEDs only have a range of a few cm.

IRTrans

Hello,
Thanks for the reply. I have checked the connection and there is no problem. The situation is that I am trying to use Internal LEDs. And I can control ALL the Internal LEDs in the same time by using command 'snd Sky, down,lI,b0,p21001'. But when I want to control a individual Internal LED by using UPC command, for example, 'snd Sky, down,l2,b0,p21001', it doesn't work. So current situation is that the UDP command's parameter <led> can only use 'I' but not the numbers from '1' to '8'.
bjeric

Postby IRTrans » Mon 3. Aug 2009, 15:03

You cannot control individual internal LEDs. They are all connected together. As they have a great range and sending power it would not make sense to use only one of them - the range would still be very high.

It is only possible to control the external LEDs connected to the 8 3,5mm connectors.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby bjeric » Mon 3. Aug 2009, 15:15

ohh.. I misunderstand somewhere. Are the 8 3.5mm connectors External LEDs? And the LEDs in the front panel are the Internal LEDs, right?

Could you give me a example of UPC command that control one of the 8 external LEDs? As I wrote before I am using 'snd Sky,down,L1,B0,p20001', but it doesn't work. 'snd Sky,down,LE,B0,p20001' doesn't work either. It seems the external LEDs doesn't work at all. Any idea?

Thanks.
bjeric

Postby IRTrans » Mon 3. Aug 2009, 18:49

Correct, the 3,5mm connectors are the external LEDs.

You should not use the "B0" parameter.

An example would be "snd Sky,down,L1" to send a command to the output 1. If "LE" does not work either I would rather suspect that you have a hardware problem with your external LEDs. Does the Status LED blink red when sending the code ? Are you using our extenal LEDs ? Did you remove the adhesive Tape on the external LED ?

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby bjeric » Tue 4. Aug 2009, 01:34

IRTrans wrote:Correct, the 3,5mm connectors are the external LEDs.

You should not use the "B0" parameter.

An example would be "snd Sky,down,L1" to send a command to the output 1. If "LE" does not work either I would rather suspect that you have a hardware problem with your external LEDs. Does the Status LED blink red when sending the code ? Are you using our extenal LEDs ? Did you remove the adhesive Tape on the external LED ?

IRTrans

I think I have found the real problem. As you said it is a kind of hardware problem.

When I stick the external led onto the STB's front panel, STB cannot receive the UDP command. But when I put the external led around 2 - 3cm away from the front panel, STB starts to receive UDP command. It seems that the IR signal will be ignored when the led is very near to the STB, say less than 2 - 3cm. Did you hear about this problem before? Any solution can make led work when it is sticked on the STB.
bjeric

Postby IRTrans » Tue 4. Aug 2009, 10:07

Hi,
sometimes that might happen when the signal is too strong.

On the "IR Codes" page of the device settings you can find the option "Duty Cycle". Setting the Duty Cycle to 1:4 might fix your problem.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby bjeric » Wed 5. Aug 2009, 07:39

IRTrans wrote:Hi,
sometimes that might happen when the signal is too strong.

On the "IR Codes" page of the device settings you can find the option "Duty Cycle". Setting the Duty Cycle to 1:4 might fix your problem.

IRTrans

Still doesn't work by changing the Duty cycle.
bjeric

Postby IRTrans » Wed 5. Aug 2009, 11:04

Hmm, are you sure you have put them into the correct position ?

You might also try to put a very thin peace of paper between the LED and the device.

Are you using our LEDs ?

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Next

Return to APIs